Sunday, December 19, 2010

Allyson had a busy week

On Monday while we were at my parents house I went in the other room to get a clean diaper. When I came back into the living room Allyson was halfway up the stairs.

She has mastered the one step up to our Kitchen, and the one and a half steps to our bedroom but Grandma's stairs had been a bit too tall for her. Not anymore.

She just kept climbing until she reached the top, silly girl. Time for a baby gate at Grandma's house.

She has been doing lots of standing up on her own, with a celebration each time (by us and her). This is one of her many celebration poses.

The big girl car seat, Allyson gets to face forward. She wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. She chattered away the entire drive to Clearlake, she seemed to enjoy her new car seat. Now we will see if she can sleep in it as well as she did in her old one (we are crossing our fingers on that one).

We happened to be at the Church while the youth were setting up for the Christmas party. The young men had fun playing with Devin and Allyson (they probably should have been working...oh well).

This just melted my heart, and made me so proud. Allyson sat in her little rocker (that needs to be repainted) and "read" for a good 15 minutes. Nothing could be cuter.

Reading and pointing at the pictures. She was really enjoying herself and didn't even try to get down when she saw me leave the room to get my camera.

This is her, "mom you are interrupting my reading" face, I may have taken a few pictures. I just couldn't resist.

Allyson got to see Santa at the Ward Christmas party. I was pretty sure she wasn't going to like Santa, but she was very content to sit on his lap and touch his beard.

We love our busy little girl, she makes every day a new adventure.

5 comments:

James said...

She doesn't Fear The Beard! I hadn't realized how white Santa's beard had gotten... They are going to have to start calling him White.

Little Star said...

I love the pictures of her reading, those are adorable!!! Love all of them!!

Rich and Brianne said...

Oh my she is getting so big! Can't believe she climbed up all the stairs! Loved, loved the pics of her in her chair reading. That's completely adorable.

Kari Nitzel said...

Cute pictures, she is adorable!

Jeff and DeeAnna said...

We love to see the updates on your cute family! Allison is really becoming her own little person. Enjoy the holiday with everyone. Merry Christmas.