Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Deer Season

Last Saturday was one of the most important days of the year, opening day of deer season. As many Comstocks as possible make the pilgrimage to the ranch to participate in the ceremonial first hunt. We missed Marshall and Steve, but not as much as they missed being there. I wish this were a picture of Wes drawing a bead on a nice buck, but instead they were just sighting in the 30-06 before the hunt.
The view from 4-pointer rock, always a welcome view after the hike. Unfortunately no deer were even sighted, but it is the beginning of 6 weeks of fun.

2 comments:

Justin and LeAnne said...

I am excited to find your blog! Justin has been gone this weekend for Bow season. They get so excited, I'm not as in to it. But he enjoys it!

Check us out www.jlhancockfam.blogspot.com

LeAnne

Lowe Family said...

Did you get anything? The ranch still looks good! Your parents better not EVER sale that place!