Saturday, December 3, 2016

Christmas Tree Hunting

With Steve's schedule change we didn't have the time for a trip to the Plumas National Forest to get out Christmas tree like usual. I set off looking for Christmas Tree farms near us so we could at least cut down our tree.  It wasn't easy finding a place where we wouldn't be paying $100+ for a tree.  Luckily I found a place in Ukiah with reasonable prices.  

The trees were all on a steep side hill that made walking a little tricky for Colton and Eva.  They were good sports and did their best as I dragged everyone to the far edge of the trees where the tallest trees were. 

After some debate we finally settled on a tall white pine tree.
I thought a tree farm would be easier than picking a tree from the forest but we had been spoiled by all the silver tips in the Plumas National Forest.

Ally cut down our tree with just a little help from Daddy.

Christmas tree hunting completed!

While Daddy tied the tree onto the car the kids had fun playing on the old playground equipment. 

While not the same as our usual Christmas Tree tradition the kids had fun. 


This years Christmas ornaments, I have so much fun picking out ornaments.  We are slowly rebuilding out ornament collections.



No comments: