This morning Steve and I wanted to go for a walk with the kids. We were trying to decide on the best place to go for a hike/walk when I realized the best place to go would be out at The Ranch. So off we went to enjoy the break in the rain and the tall green grass.
We pulled out the hat from Colton's Halloween costume to try and keep the sun off my fair skinned boy. The hat didn't last very long but he looked pretty cute in it.
As we walked along the hay field toward the creek we checked out different trees that burned. I thought this burned out stump looked pretty cool, it burned hottest from the inside out.
Ally proudly holding her treasure, a super long screwdriver. We think it must have fallen out of one of the PG&E trucks when they were fixing the power lines. This girl has a knack for finding "treasures" sometimes their value is debatable, but she has a skill for finding things.
At the creek the girls had fun throwing rocks in the water and running around.
It was a beautiful day, sunshine, lots of water in the creek and green grass.
Just after leaving the creek we came across a patch of Miner's Lettuce. The girls are used to seeing it around Grandma's house and Eva asked if she could try some. Of course I agreed, and my extremely picky eater finished her piece and went back for more. I guess that is one way to get her to eat her greens!
The hayfields are beautiful with thick green grass, burning off the dead grass and starthistle make fore a beautiful spring.
Per her request, Ally on some old farm equipment.
The ground beneath this tree burned so intensely that even after almost 6 months nothing will grow.
When we were almost back to the car we let Colton out of his backpack to stretch his legs. He quickly found a walking stick and looked adorable walking along behind everyone.
Back at the car Ally got out the soccer ball for a little hayfield soccer.
Sisters looking for ladybugs. As soon as we got out the blanket for snacks they both took their shoes and socks off. I can't really blame them, I love ditching my shoes whenever possible.
I can't quite remember exactly what happened, but Eva was very upset. She got a pouty look on her face and stomped around like this.













No comments:
Post a Comment