Friday, May 17, 2013

Eva - 2 Months

Today Eva turns 2 months old!  Our little girl is growing and changing so fast.
I told Allyson it was Eva's 2 month birthday, she got so excited and ran over to Eva and said "It's your birthday!"

She makes the cutest little baby sounds.  I love how she has to work up to it and you can see her working so hard before the sound comes out.  

She is a champion spit bubble blower, especially when in her bouncy seat kicking her legs.  Those legs look like she is running a marathon, they just go and go.  I love the bouncer seat, she is happy to hang out in it while I am cooking, as long as I stop and talk to her every once in a while.  She likes to be where everyone is and see what is going on.

She likes her baths, at least I think so.  She just sits there with a serious face the whole time, since she doesn't cry I will take that as a sign she likes it.

I love babies in hooded towels, adorable.  Still the serious face here, apparently bath time is serious business for Eva.

Allyson takes her role as big sister very seriously, tucking in Eva and a baby doll in with her precious froggy blanket.

Eva puts up with all the "love" her sister gives her.  Some of Ally's snuggles are a little rough, not to mention the bumps that come from not paying attention to where Eva is.  One day Eva started crying and I asked Ally what was wrong, she said "I just dropped this bowl (from her play kitchen) on her face, its ok, it was an accident"  
When I hear "I'm sorry Eva" (which I hear frequently) I know I need to investigate.

Eva has settled into a pretty good sleep schedule.  She goes down between 10 and 11pm and sleeps until sometime between 3-4am.  Then she sleeps again until around 6:30-7:30am.  During the day she takes frequent naps, most are short (45min to 1 hour) but sometimes she will sleep for 2 hours.  Most of the time she naps in her crib but sometimes the swing or bouncy seat.  I can tell when she is ready to sleep, she gets fussy and we walk around for a little while until she falls asleep.
I love the little smile she gets on her face as she gives in to sleep.  Her eyes are already closed and she is completely relaxed and then she smiles the cutest smile.

We will have to wait for her doctors appointment for her official stats, but I think she is about 14 lbs (based on our scale).  I really want to see how tall she is, she is growing out of her 3 month clothes lengthwise.  The arms get too short and her feet are pushing on her footed pajamas.  I think we have a tall girl here.


I love my beautiful girls!

3 comments:

Mike and Julie said...

They ARE loveable!

Jeff and DeeAnna said...

Cute family and we hope everything works out in July and we will get to see all of you in CA.

Lowe Family said...

Oh my goodness, she is so adorable and getting so big!!