This year we kept our garden small, planting tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, basil and green beans. The green beans were quickly choked out by our massive cucumber plants. I love having fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from our garden.
I have to be careful when I let Allyson help me pick the tomatoes (she won't pick the cucumbers because they are "pokey"). She eats almost each one she picks! Even the big tomatoes aren't safe, she would take at least one big bite out of each one. She now only "helps" me pick the cherry tomatoes.
She loves her tomatoes. Can you tell she has a few stashed in her cheeks?
I used all these lovely tomatoes and some basil from our garden to make some delicious homemade spaghetti sauce.
Sadly I totally forgot to take a picture of the sauce. I will miss our fresh tomatoes when they are done, but at least we will have some spaghetti sauce and homemade salsa this winter!
2 comments:
wow! good work! i was not ambitious enough to can any of our tomatoes.
Jealous of your wonderful tomato garden!
Post a Comment