Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Allyson

Allyson is growing up so fast and doing so many fun and cute things.  It seems like she learns new words everyday, I find myself wondering when she learned that word all the time.
She loves going to nursery, she even threw a fit when we walked past the nursery and it wasn't time for nursery yet.  That wasn't fun, but it shows just how much she loves her nursery class.

Ally is very good about praying, when she is hungry she will say 'mommy pay', she knows we pray before we eat and tries to speed up the process.  Sometimes we even end up praying over snacks if she is in her high chair, but I suppose you can never pray too much.  She is our prayer reminder and will never let us forget.

Allyson is going through a phase where she says Thank You a lot, it is so cute. Anytime I get her something or help her with something she says "Thanks mom".  Sometimes she even says thanks when she is the one helping me.  I love it. It is just so cute and funny, but I am not ready to be mom yet.  I am trying to get her to still call me mommy, I like it better.

When she doesn't want to do something or go somewhere she tells me "bye mom", hoping that I will go away and therefore avoid what she doesn't want to do.  This happens most frequently when we are trying to leave my parents house, she doesn't want to leave so she tells us bye.

Her latest phrase is "oh no!'" and it is said with an exclamation every time.  When something is wrong our out of place in her opinion she says "oh no!".  I love it.  We hear it about 20 times a day, but they are things that can usually be easily solved (like helping her reach a stuffed animal or put something in its right place).

One day we had a yard clean up day.  We finally got the last of the leaves from around the yard and burned them.  Allyson was having a great time being outside and "helping" us and playing.  This girl loves to be outside.  When it got close to nap time I took her inside to have a snack before her nap.  She had a complete meltdown.  I thought she was upset because she wanted to play outside.  I told her she could play outside again after her nap (that usually works) but she was inconsolable.  After about 10 minutes I finally figured out she was upset because she had left her pink pig outside.  
This pink pig has become her most precious possession.  I was doing some last minute shopping in the dollar store and Allyson was wanting to have everything she could see (she doesn't usually do this, I hope it is just a phase).  I told her she could pick one thing and she could have it (love that in the dollar store it doesn't matter what you pick it is all the same price, great store for kids).  She picked this pig and it has hardly left her side.  

We spent an afternoon loading up our trucks with wood from the Ranch.  Allyson loves it when we help daddy with the wood, it means she gets to play outside.  Even better she can roam pretty free around the fields since I can always see her, she loves the freedom.  We had finished loading the trucks and I asked her if she wanted to go see Grandma and Papa.  She got really excited and so I told her to go to Papa's house.  She took off heading to Papa's house, even heading in the right direction.  We wanted to see how far she would go, she got down to the main road before she got distracted with all the rocks to play with.

I thought it was pretty cute, that girl is pretty independent.  I love when we are on the ranch there is so much space to play and explore.  I know how much fun I had playing and exploring when I was growing up I am glad she gets to experience it too.

We love the library.  (Do you see that Pink Pig joined us?) I don't know why it took me so long to actually get a library card, but now I have it and we are regular visitors.  The last time Allyson and I went to the library she giggled with excitement, and exclaimed bibary! when I pulled up to the library.  She was so excited to go in and pick out books.  She makes herself at home and will sometimes lay down in the walkway so she can read a book.  We are trying to use the table more than the floor, but it makes me so happy to see how much she loves books.  We did have an unfortunate incident when I returned our Curious George DVD instead of the Curious George DVD that we checked out, we are still trying to get it back.

No comments: