Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Tree Time!

We continued our tradition of heading up to Plumas Forest to cut down our Christmas tree.  This year there was just enough snow to be festive but we were still able to get to the good spots to pick out our trees.  This is our 5th year of cutting our own trees in the forest and I love it!

This is Allyson's 3rd year and I think she had the most fun yet.

Getting used to walking on frozen snow, it was a little slippery but not too bad.

So cute all bundled up for the snow.

It was a beautiful day, chilly but once we got moving it wasn't too bad.

My dad next to a potential tree, it was in the running but they ultimately went with a different tree.

Look at Allyson's adorable boots.  Linda ordered some for her birthday but they still haven't arrived yet.  While we were in Idaho we picked out these cuties at Cal Ranch.  I love them and so does Allyson.

My parents and their tree!

Steve and Bob with our tree (there is a lot of debris from the wind storm)

Our pretty little tree

While we were enjoying our tailgating Allyson played I spy with the paper towels.

Our tailgate party!


3 comments:

SuSu said...

Looks like great fun. Your trees look awesome. I can smell the pine.

Tonya said...

Allyson is just adorable! Her cheeks look so kissable. I'm sooo looking forward to cutting a tree next year. Happy holidays!

Unknown said...

it is such a festive tradition. maybe a smidch cooler than pulling a fake already lit tree out of a box like we do, haha. its funny to see ally bundled up, cam doesnt even own a coat.