I have been trying to make more of a conscious effort to have planned family activities. Nothing big or expensive but a fun activity. Too many "busy" days come to and end and I wonder what we did with the day. So here is to many fun family adventures ahead.
I was trying to think of an activity for Monday evening and Steve suggested a walk. We often go to the county park for walks and we love it. I am not sure what came over me but I decided that we should change the walk for a hike. I have been wanting to hike out to Table Rock (in Robert Louis Stevenson State Park) for quite a while. From what I had read it was a shorter hike with amazing views. They were right about the views!
Near the begninng of the hike, looking toward Middletown
With work, naps and other things we didn't start our hike until 4:30pm, I was still thinking we would have plenty of time. One of the reviews of the trail talked about it being just over a mile (not true) don't trust everything you read online. It turned out that it was 2.2 miles out to Table Rock.
There were so many beautiful views and interesting rocks along the trail. It is a beautiful wilderness area.
Ally loved our hike, she was a trooper being the the backpack so long.
This is as close as we got to Table Rock (the out cropping on the right of the hill), we were racing daylight and losing. I kept wanting to go further because I didn't want to turn around if we were really close, but we made the decision to turn back.
We had brought our dinner with us, planning a fun picnic at Table Rock. We took a short break at the overlook before we headed back down the hill. Ally loved getting out at running around. Here she is showing us how old she will be (2), we still need some practice.
One last look over the beautiful Mayacama mountains as the sun was setting. We headed back down the trail hoping to make it to the truck before dark. We ended up hiking the last .25 miles in the dark. We wished we had one of the two flashlights sitting in our truck.
A fun family adventure, even if it didn't quite go as planned.






2 comments:
Yay for almost! Love those family adventures, even if they don't always turn out as planned.
I LOVE fall walk/hikes. They are so beautiful and not HOT!! BEAUTIFUL!!
Post a Comment