Thursday, July 21, 2011

Band-aids Needed

Allyson has been a very cautious girl, she wouldn't take many risks.  Every move way planned out and cautious.  The 2 inch step from our living room to the front porch was often conquered on her hands and knees long after she had mastered steps.  This was not something I minded at all, a cautious child leads to less worrying for mom.  
Now Allyson has gained confidence in herself, she runs everywhere and sometimes without really watching where she is going.  She is a full fledged toddler, we get bumps, bruises and scrapes on a regular basis around here.  I am glad she has gained confidence in herself but a part of me misses my tentative little girl. 

Today we needed a band-aid.  Allyson was running across the lawn and when she came to our uneven stone walkway she tripped and fell on her knees.  This fall resulted in a small cut on her knee accompanied by a drop of blood.  A band-aid was not really necessary except she was intent on exploring said cut.  Since we were outside (read hands were dirty) and she really liked touching her owie I got out a band-aid.  I realize I need to invest in some cute band-aids, plain ones are just so boring.

Pointing out her owie, which she promptly forgot.

Distracted by the kitties.

We love playing outside, and I am glad my girl can take her scrapes and spills with relatively few tears.  I am glad for my confidant and tough girl, both necessities for a country girl.  I particularly love this face, it is one we see often.  She has just heard or seen something so exciting it causes her to exclaim.  This instance I believe it was a bird, either that or a loud motorcycle on the highway.  Everyday is an adventure.

4 comments:

Mike and Julie said...

She's so fun! (even tho the boo-boo's aren't so fun)

SuSu said...

She cracks me up. I love her curious nature.

Rich and Brianne said...

Too bad about the skinned knees, but love her exploring nature!

Little Star said...

She'll be ready for hunting trips in no time!!!!