Last weekend was the big Book Sale for the elementary school as well as "Dr. Seuss Night." My mom is a member of "Friends of the Library" (I think it should be changed to "Friends of the Librarian", it would be more accurate!) and they were in charge.
My dad got to be one of the readers, he read 'Horton Hatches an Egg'.
I bought quite a few books, it is hard to resist when you remember the books and sometimes even find your name written in the check out card!In other news last Saturday was our ward Chili cook-off. My mom won 2nd place with Marshalls Cowboy Chili. I won 3rd place with Luwannas chili recipe so our family was very well represented.

Each table got a bag full of stuff and we had to make something out of it by the end of the night. Our table came up with 'Lotta Bull'

Showing off the prizes for the delicious chili
2 comments:
Congrats on 2nd and 3rd place for the chili. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. :)
I have been meaning to get that recipe for years. I don't remember a year of the chili cook off without Marshall winnig something!!!
I won once, but it was for the spicyest one!!!! Still have my prize, but don't know where it is.
What a fun party!!! I miss Middletown.
Your dad looks very comfortable reading the to kids!!!
Post a Comment